Tips: The easy way to claim your bond
Once a tenancy is over, a tenant can claim the bond without the signature of the landlord/agent. If the claim is not challenged by Tribunal application within 14 days the Bond Board will pay out the bond to the tenant.
To claim your bond, use the NSW Fair Trading Bond Claim Form or use Rental Bonds Online (if that's how you lodged your bond when you started the tenancy).
If the landlord or agent applies to the Tribunal with a claim on the bond, or to challenge your claim, get advice from your local Tenants' Advice and Advocacy Service.
- Factsheet 3: Bond
- Factsheet 09: You want to leave
- Factsheet 10: Landlord ends agreement
- Factsheet 11: NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Bond Kit: How to Secure Your Bond
- Podcast episodes: Get me outta here, Hit the road Jack
- Easy Read fact sheet: Moving out
- Tips: Negotiating with the landlord
- Tips: Take photos when moving in and out